THE LEGEND of BATU BAGGA

A long time ago on the Sulawesi island, there lived a man named Intobu. He lives alone with her only child, named Impalak. They are poor. Their daily work is a fisherman. They went to sea to catch fish every night, even in bad weather.

Intobu always advised his son, "Being a fisherman just our income. Do not take the bad weather as our enemy."

Impalak nodded.

"Yes, Father," he said.

Intobu and Impalak worked as a fisherman for many years. But, Impalak start to feel bored with the job. He wanted to try something new. He wants to make life better for his father and himself. One day, Impalak tried to talk to his father about his desire.

"... Father, please forgive me," Impalak feel hesitant.

"What is it, my son?" Intobu curious to see his attitude strange.
"Dad, I actually wanted to stop working as a fisherman. I want to go abroad and try to work something else," said Impalak.

Intobu saddened to hear of his son's decision, but he also wants Impalak be successful.

"If it's your decision, I can not do anything but to let you in. I can only pray for your safety and your success" said Intobu.

"But I want you to always remember your homeland. Always remember your father," he continued.

"Yes, Father. I'll remember. Thank you," said Impalak excited.

On the next day, Impalak go to the harbor. He saw Bagga (sailboats) and went to see the owner.

"Excuse me, sir. I want to know if I can sail with you?" Asked Impalak.

Bagga owner was silent for a moment.

"This is not a problem for me. But why would you want to sail with me, and you ask permission from your parents?" Asked the owner of Bagga later.

"I worked here as fishing with my father, but I want to try my luck abroad. My father agreed with my plan," said Impalak.

"Okay, I'll sail tomorrow. Come meet me here in the morning. And by the way, what's your name?" Asked the owner of this Bagga.
"Thank you sir. My name Impalak, sir," replied Impalak happy.

Back at his home, Impalak told his father about the boat Bagga.

"When are you leaving?" Intobu ask.

"Tomorrow, Father," replied Impalak.

The next morning, impalak go to the harbor together with his father. Bagga was ready to sail.

"Quick, Impalak!" Bagga's owner shouted.

Impalak kissing his father's hand,,

"I will, Dad. Be careful," said Impalak.

"Go, son. My blessing be with you," said Intobu.

There were tears in his eyes when he saw Bagga left the port.


Several years passed. Whenever Intobu see the boat Bagga, he always hoped that his son would return. But there was no news at all from Impalak. One day, Intobu go fishing as usual. He used a small boat and headed into open water near the harbor. But then he saw Bagga headed for the port.


When Bagga was getting close to the canoe Intobu, she saw a handsome young man standing on the front deck of this Bagga. The young man was accompanied by his lovely wife. Intobu recognized youth. He Impalak, son.

"Impalak! Impalak, my son!" Intobu shouted excitedly.

Impalak heard the shouts of his father, but he ignored it.
"Unfortunately, there is someone there is calling your name. Is that your father?" Asked his wife.

"No, he's not my father. Ignore him, honey" Impalak ashamed to admit his old father in front of his beautiful wife.

Intobu tried to paddle the canoe closer to Bagga, but suddenly there was a big wave in the ocean. Intobu boat was hit by waves and almost drowned.
"Help ... Help me ... Impalak, help ...!" Intobu screaming, asking for help from his son.

But Impalak ignoring his father. He even turned Bagga into the opposite direction of the Intobu canoe.

Intobu heart broken to see his folly. Her logging is mixed with sadness and anger.

He looked at the sky and praying, "Oh, God, please hear my prayer. I curse that rebellious son's Bagga into the stone."

Not long after Intobu word prayer, a storm came and hit this Impalak Bagga. The wind was blowing so hard, pushing Bagga for the beach. Suddenly, Bagga and Impalak turned to stone. stone still exist today. People call the Stone Bagga (Bagga Stone).

Note : This Legend is similar to The Legend of Malin Kundang
Previous
Next Post »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...